The Huntsman Group
Author: The Huntsman Group Ltd
Revision Date: 1/10/2019
Who are we?
When do we collect personal data about you?
- Information you provide to us when you:
- Complete a form on our website;
- Sign up to receive our communications;
- Apply for a role we have advertised or provide a copy of your CV or resume;
- You may have given permission to access information from messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. This will depend on your settings or the privacy policies for the particular social media site;
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media or through our websites;
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources such as third-party clients that we act as data controller for;
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources such as third-party job boards that you have registered your CV with. These third-parties will have their own privacy policies and must ensure the data they provide us is fully compliant;
- Enter into a contract with us to receive our services;
What personal data do we collect and process?
Information we collect and process about you:
We may collect information about you, including:
Your name, address and contact details, details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, remuneration, whether you have a disability, your entitlement to work in the UK and equal opportunities monitoring information.
If you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit to our website such as the services you searched for and view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
Information you have provided to 3rd party websites such as Job Boards can be uploaded to our systems. The information you provide on your CV or via forms will be collected and stored against a record created for you. If you do not wish this information to be readily available, please review your CV to ensure you only publish data you are comfortable being published on these sites.
Once a job offer has been made to you, we will request personal information from third parties such as references from former employees, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal record checks. We will inform you that we are making this request.
Sensitive personal data
In certain cases, our clients may require certain sensitive personal data from you (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activity, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences) This data will only be collected with your explicit consent.
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide our services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
Based on legitimate interest
As a business The Huntsman Group has identified Legitimate Interest as a primary basis for the holding of candidate data where the information has been provided by:
- Existing candidates that are currently using our services
- Past candidates that have used our services
- Candidates that have applied directly for roles we have advertised
- Candidates that have published their CV’s on Job boards and enabled the information to be accessed by third parties
- Candidates that have applied through client portals we are in contract with
When a CV is added to The Huntsman Group database an acknowledgement is automatically sent to the candidate to advise accordingly. A candidate can request to be removed from the database at any time.
Based on right to represent
The collection of personal data based on the Right to Represent of an individual for a specific role. (as per the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003) A client may require additional information to be provided to consider a candidate for a role. This will be provided by the individual on request and stored and documented on our or the client’s systems.
Based on performance of a contract
We may use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements, or take steps linked to a contract:
- To provide products and services to you
- To communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contract
- To provide you with administrative support such as account creation, security and payroll related services
- Where required by law including data required for HMRC and Health & Safety requirements
How long do we keep your personal data?
Where there is a contract between us, we will retain your personal data for the duration of the contract, and a period of six years’ followings its termination or expiry, to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from competent courts or authorities.
This will lead to the creation of a “stub” record which will retain the required information whilst obfuscating any personally identifiable information that is no longer required.
NB. Health & Safety information is required to be kept for a period of 40 years.
A candidate who has not been placed by us - details are stored for a period of 3 years from the date of last contact. We endeavour to keep our records up to date and intend to contact you regularly to ensure the information we hold is up to date. However, we really appreciate if you let us know if your details change.
If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communications. Please note that you may still receive administrative messages and communications from The Huntsman Group Ltd if you are in contract through us.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
We store your personal data in secure data centres in the UK. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breaches. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where you have a username or password which enables you to access certain services or parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Despite all precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. So, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data you transmit to us and you must understand you so at your own risk. We would recommend you either password protect or encrypt data you pass to us, as a matter of course.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to Access - The right to request a copy of your personal data that The Huntsman Group Ltd holds about you.
- Right to rectification - The right to request that The Huntsman Group Ltd corrects your personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to erasure - The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for The Huntsman Group Ltd to retain such data.
- Right to data portability - The right to request that The Huntsman Group Ltd provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- Right to restrict processing - The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your data.
- Right to object - The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
We do not sell, rent or trade your information with any third parties.
We will only share your personal data with trusted third parties contracted to us in connection with provision of the products and services on our behalf.
Companies included but not limited:
- Payroll software providers - for the purpose of payroll processing
- CV extraction software – tools to automate the storage of CV/Resume data
- Compliance software – for collection of proof of identity and associated checks in relation to the performance of a contract
- HMRC – for the purposes of payroll reporting
We will ensure there is a contract in place with the recipients listed above which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, or your data is readily available in the public domain. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this privacy notice
The Huntsman Group Ltd reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at any time. The applicable version will be found on our websites.
This privacy notice and our policy only relates to information that we obtain from you or via third parties if you’ve given them permission to share your information.
If you have any queries about this notice, the way in which The Huntsman Group Ltd processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to [email protected] or write to Data Protection Office, The Huntsman Group, Charter House, Marlborough Park, Harpenden, AL5 1NL